Priaulx Library founded 1889
Founded by Osmond de Beauvoir Priaulx, the Priaulx Library was presented to the inhabitants of Guernsey as a free public library. In 1983, the Priaulx Library became the local studies and heritage library for the Bailiwick of Guernsey.
The collection includes the founder’s collection; military and general history collections; Channel Island history; a local newspaper archive (1785-); Channel Island maps; photographs and ephemera.
The Priaulx Library, (formerly Candie House) is a Georgian merchant’s house, ca. 1780. The building was altered; an attic floor added and interior was refitted as a Victorian Library from 1887-9.
Miss Susan Laker (Chief Librarian)
Priaulx Library, Candie Road, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 1UG
tel: 01481-721998 / email: email@example.com
Open Mon-Thurs & Sat (0930-1700); Fri (1000—1700)
Free membership for residents of Guernsey, Sark and Herm. Proof of address is required. Up to four items may be borrowed for a period of three weeks.
The Priaulx Library can be used as a reference/research library by non-members.
Occasional lectures under the auspices of the Friends of the Priaulx Library
Not for profit organisation