sybil campbell library
Sybil Campbell Library founded 1928
All bona fide students are welcome for reference only. Friends of the SCL pay £5 and receive 3 newsletters annually.
Founded by prominent members of the British Federation of University Women (now British Federation of Women Graduates) at Crosby Hall in Chelsea, where the library was kept until 1992. Books donated by notable literary figures and scholars of the 1920s and 1930s now form the 'original collection'. More recent acquisitions focus on the achievements of women. Grants from the Pilgrim Trust have aided the completion of the computer catalogue and the conservation of the books.
About 8,000 volumes, biography literary criticism, poetry, history, topography, philosophy and education. Work by BFWG members and award holders or relating to Federations of University Women in many countries. Sections of the catalogue, arranged in a simplified Dewey system, are available on the website.
Housed as a separate collection at the University of Winchester Library.
Martial Rose Library, University of Winchester, Sparkford Road, Winchester, Hants SO22 4NR
tel: 01962 827 306 / email: Clare.Eacott@winchester.ac.uk
Visitors/Researchers by appointment.
Registered charity no. 273043